Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Positioning Framework

To be honest, I am still not quite sure what I want to do with Public Relations. I feel that P.R. is the best fit for my personality, but as to where specifically I want to go with it I still don't know. I feel like my main objective at this point is to do research and try to get as much experience as possible in order to have a better idea of what I want to do with a P.R. degree. I think things like public relations, marketing, or advertising are all things that I could see myself doing in the future.

I do know that initially I would like to stay in Utah to work. This doesn't mean I wouldn't be open to the idea of working elsewhere down the line, or even get an internship out of state. I called Richter 7 to get a better idea about job openings and qualifications. They told me an entry level job for a p.r. account coordinator in the Salt Lake Valley is hard to come by. There are usually only two to three job openings a year. P.R. accountants usually start out making between $28,000 to $32,000. They also told me they look for people who are confident people who have good writing skills.

Output Objectives:

Now is a very critical time for me to do as much research as possible about the public relations industry. I need to be working on a portfolio that will help me stand out to potential employers. I need to improve my writing skills. I need to do more research by calling other companies like Richter 7 and Crowell Advertising.

The thing I lack the most right now is experience. Getting involved in things like P.R.S.S.A. is something I would like to do. Richter 7 offers two internships per semester. I have also looked into a fall media relations internship with the Boston Celtics. The Celtics have been my favorite pro sports team for a long time. I would love being able to gain experience while being around the Celtics. Obviously there are many other internship opportunities available. My goal is to apply for ten internships for either summer or fall.


Talking Points:
  • Eager to Learn
  • Work well with others
  • Dependable

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home